BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

A Life of Purpose ... giving back!

Family is a special bond.... a love like no other.... through the good times and bad times your family is a place where you will always have someone to turn to during life's many obstacles. Family members are the ones you can count on when you just want to laugh or need a should cry on. You share your hopes and your dreams, your worries and your troubles and ask for advice. Often times we don't even realize just how much you need them until their gone.

This is a story of a mom with four girls who recently found out has terminal brain cancer. She found out only a couple of months ago after a visit to the doctors office complaining of a headache like she's never had before. When I heard her story I couldn't even begin to imagine what she was going through both physically and emotionally. I just knew I had to do something using the gifts God has give me. I thought what mother doesn't love a portrait of her babies and what daughter wouldn't love a portrait with their mother. Here are some images of her and her girls. Her eldest daughter, Tory, who gave birth to a baby boy just days after this session has been so brave. She is probably the one who understands most what is going on and isn't taking any of the days ahead for granted. This family has a special place in my heart and I look forward to documenting more moments. The most recent prognosis was one to two years.

Stop taking your family (your life) for granted because you just never know what the next day will bring. Thank you for letting me come into your lives and document these memories.












1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes, Lisa, what a great thing you did for that family!